A socially and environmentally conscious organization, EXL understands its larger responsibilities toward employees, clients, investors, society and environment. We believe in active engagement with the community around us and empowering them to change their own tomorrow.It is this belief of pursuing excellence in driving social change that our community programs deliver.Our community program is transforming the lives of scores of underprivileged people.We manage programs such as blood drives, annual clothes donation drives, disaster relief efforts, programs for underprivileged children, and support of cancer research.Our continuing partnership with non-profit organizations to manage sustained and committed initiatives have been instrumental in achieving the objectives of our community programs.
|The EXLites Payroll Contribution Initiative (EPCI) |
This initiative was formally launched in 2007 and allows EXL employees to contribute a fixed amount of funds, which is managed by our NGO partner, Goonj.
With efficient allocation of resources by Goonj, the contribution generated by EXL is helpful in mobilizing food and clothes in times of crisis, support child welfare and education, and provide basic medical facilities in some of the most remote areas.
|EXL Driving Social Change through Education with Om Foundation |
- EXL, in partnership with British Gas, supports Om School Foundation. In 2009, Om Foundation set up their secondary school based in Hoshiarpur Village, Sector 51 - Noida, India. The secondary school has been funded entirely by British Gas and EXL Service. Developed as an extension of the existing primary school, which was established in 2002 by Om Foundation with the objective of providing free education to the underprivileged children of neighboring areas, the secondary school will continue with this philosophy.
|Resource mobilization in collaboration with Goonj |
EXL supports Goonj’s initiative to recycle urban waste and helps mobilizes resources for the organization such as material, volunteer time and money to fund. The contribution generated by EXLites Payroll Contribution Initiative is used to support this cause. Key achievements
- Provisioned more than 1,47,000 Kilograms of clothing material in 2008 to various ‘Vastradaan’ (clothes donation) partners
- Reached out to over 50 Indian villages with a regular supply of material with an aim to clothe the needy
- Extensively widened our reach to flood affected areas, especially in Bihar, Assam, and West Bengal states of India, in partnership with five local partner groups
- Implemented at least 20 activities under the ‘Cloth for Work’ program in the target villages. People participate in activities such as cleanliness drives, plantation and village road repairs in return for clothes and other basic needs material
- Supported 20 social development initiatives with Goonj in the National Capital Region, India
- Provisioned 6,000 sanitary products to needy women in Bihar and Madhya Pradesh states in India
- Aided drought-affected people in the Bundelkhand, India region with clothing and more than 1,00,000 Kgs of food grains for 8,000 families
- Successfully implemented the state of Bihar Flood Campaign involving widespread work in the worst affected five districts of Saharsa, Supaul, Madhepura, Purnia, and Khagaria. Goonj provided clothing to the flood-affected people and more than 1,00,000 Kgs of food grains
- Organized 77 collection-cum-awareness camps in various residential areas and corporate offices across Delhi and the National Capital Region, India
- Established voluntary setups in Pune and Bangalore, plus launch of Goonj in Gurgaon
- Increased employment generation by engaging people in simple trades
- Provisioned stationary, shoes, toys, and general clothing for government’s National Child Labor Project (NCLP)
|EXL Support for Underprivileged Children in Delhi with Jamghat |
- EXL supports Jamghat with monetary donations from employees in our centers in Noida
|EXL Support for Underprivileged Children in Pune with Sanvedna |
- Four students and members of the Hermann Gmeiner Social Centre, have transferred to a local private school to receive a better quality education and have achieved improved academic performance
- Two students from Sanvedna’s Shishuadhar educational sponsorship program completed Diploma Engineering from a Government Polytechnic with 74 percent and a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science respectively
- A girl child from Shishuadhar completed a six month Balwadi (nursery school training) with assistance from Sanvedana and now runs a Balwadi in her village
- A village woman from the Dhanori project secured INR 20,000 loan from the micro-credit fund and established a flour-mill.
- Within six months, she repaid the loan and supports her entire family with the profits earned from her business
- More than 70 families benefit from various development activities started by Sanvedna, including tailoring classes, Balwadis, and micro-credit funds
|EXL Support for Children Battling Cancer with CanKids – a unit of The Indian Cancer Society |
- In addition to monetary support, EXL also helps CanKids with logistical arrangements volunteer support
|EXL Support for the Children of Prisoners with the India Vision Foundation (IVF) |
- EXL provides monetary support to IVF