LIFE SCIENCES COMPANIES HAVE THREE OVERARCHING GOALS
ACCELERATING SPEED TO MARKET
Launching and successfully penerating the market with safe and effective drugs, vaccines and medical devices
Ensuring that the right patients are on the right medication, at the right time
PROVING THE VALUE OF ITS PRODUCTS
Assessing the impact of its products on patient health outcomes and total cost of care
Obtaining these objectives, however, is fraught with challenges.
- Brand teams are pressured to maximize their products’ commercial success by understanding patient personas and provider rankings, finding undiagnosed patients, decreasing non-adherence, and changing their products’ line of therapy position.
- Market access and managed markets strategists need to prove the cost effectiveness of their products as compared to competing products to establish and enhance value-based relationships with payer, provider and PBM partners.
- Marketing and sales teams need to target the right audiences with the right messages through preferred channels, optimizing ROI.
INTRODUCING EXL HEALTH LIFE SCIENCES
Human Ingenuity is the catalyst with which EXL Health solves your complex problems. We combine our extensive patient-, consumer-, and HCP-level data assets, advanced analytics methodologies, and domain expertise to find better ways to discover and keep patients on your therapies.
We are client focused, always looking and going deeper to find a better way to address your specific challenges effectively and efficiently. We act nimbly, rapidly evaluating, identifying, and implementing solutions using our proven framework. Our team adapts quickly to industry and regulatory changes, and adopts new techniques and technologies to meet your specific needs, accelerate your transformation into value-based care, and support your continued success.
Our innovative, tailored solutions are developed through collaborative engagement focused on your current and dynamic business challenges. This approach results in much more than a transaction. Through it, we establish and nurture long-term, forward-thinking business relationships — true partnerships. Together, We Will Do This is more than just a marketing headline — it’s a commitment, our promise to you.
DRIVING VALUE WITH DATA
The core excellence in analytics is expertise in data. EXL Health processes over 27 terabytes of data monthly. Rigorous data quality practices assure the efficiency and availability of data for use in developing analytic models, designing programs, and delivering results. In addition to managing disparate data at scale, EXL Health has developed a 44M+ patient benchmark database representing Commercial, Medicare and Medicaid lines of business. This data, coupled with our AI/machine learning, natural language processing, and data visualization and interactive dashboard tools, offers unique insights in not only what happened, but what may happen and what to do about it.
The EXL Health Life Sciences team augments our clients’ knowledge and perspectives about their therapeutic markets, patient populations, and targeted HCPs to enhance clinical effectiveness, optimize sales and marketing returns, and transform their position in an evolving value-based healthcare environment.
Our solutions and actionable insights are used to:
- Improve patient and provider engagement, education and experiences.
- Determine which patient personas are most impactable and intervenable.
- Find patients for targeted therapies and provide insights to drive adherence, supporting getting the right drug to the right patient at the right time.
- Gain a deep understanding of patients by profiling their clinical and demographic attributes, their treatment journey, and their cost of care.
- Define the key health outcome measurements to determine what patient segments are low versus high risk.
- Better position a life sciences company’s products in terms of affordability, efficacy, and accessibility, and enable participation in value-based care contracting.
1 Impactability Score: Savings potential by considering probability of reductions in avoidable ER visits, inpatient stays and hospital readmissions.
2 Intervenability Score: Members’ willingness to work with interventions to better manage their health, change behaviors and improve outcomes.
PHDs and Masters in Quantitative Mathematics, Economics, Operations, Research and Computer Science
Top Tier Engineering Programs (MIT, Columbia, Cornell, etc.)
Top Management Schools (Wharton, Columbia, Cornell, etc.)
PROVEN OUTCOMES: HUMAN INGENUITY AT WORK
Here are just a few examples of how our talent combines data, analytics, technology, and our domain expertise to deliver value to life sciences companies:
Payer Marketing Lead
Mid-Tier Pharmaceutical Client
WHY PARTNER WITH EXL HEALTH
Eight of the Top 15 pharmaceutical and life sciences companies partner with EXL Health. Here are a few reasons why:
- Our engagements are founded on listening to and understanding your needs. We collaborate with our clients to define their unique challenges and deliver tailored solutions that address their evolving needs.
- We facilitate clear and consistent communications throughout our partnership, including an ongoing feedback loop, to adjust to your changing needs quickly and thoughtfully.
- We are nimble and quickly act on industry game changers such as COVID-19, using such strategies as: identifying evolving “hot spots”, assessing the impact on elective surgeries, and determining the effect of telehealth.
- Our relationships with payers, providers and PBMs can be used to establish business relationships and strengthen bonds across the continuum of healthcare in the evolving value-based care landscape.