EXL Reports 2016 Third Quarter ResultsThursday, October 27, 2016
2016 Third Quarter Revenues of $171.2 Million, up 4.7% year over year
Diluted EPS (GAAP) of $0.46, up from $0.44 in Q3 of 2015
Adjusted Diluted EPS (Non-GAAP) of $0.61, up from $0.58 in Q3 of 2015
NEW YORK, Oct. 27, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — ExlService Holdings, Inc.(NASDAQ:EXLS), a leading operations management and analytics company, today announced its financial results for the quarter ended September 30, 2016.
Rohit Kapoor, Vice Chairman and CEO, commented, “While earnings growth in the third quarter was on track, our revenues were primarily impacted by softness in our consulting and platform businesses. Our core businesses in Operations Management and Analytics are fundamentally strong with growth in Insurance, Healthcare and Banking & Financial Services.
“We continue to invest in our fast growing Analytics business by expanding our capabilities and market coverage. We closed two strategic acquisitions in our Analytics segment. In September we announced the acquisition of IQR, a provider of marketing analytics solutions for the banking industry. IQR strengthens our leading position in banking analytics through its expertise and relationships with US super-regional banks and credit unions. Today, we announced the acquisition of Datasource, a provider of enterprise data management and business intelligence solutions. We are excited to have both companies join EXL.”
Our third quarter revenue was $171.2 million, an increase of 4.7% year over year and 6.2% in constant currency. Our diluted EPS was $0.46, and our adjusted diluted EPS was $0.61, up 4.5% and 5.2%, respectively, year over year.
Vishal Chhibbar, CFO, commented, “We are updating our revenue guidance for 2016 from $691 million – $703 million to $680 million – $688 million. This represents an annual revenue growth of 10%-11% on a constant currency basis. This update reflects the impact of lower discretionary spending in our consulting business and lower revenue in our platform businesses due to softness in these markets, which has been partially offset by projected revenue from recent acquisitions. We are narrowing our adjusted diluted EPS guidance for 2016 to $2.30 – $2.35 from $2.25 – $2.35. This represents an annual increase of 13% to 16%.”
Financial Highlights: Third Quarter 2016
Our business is divided into two reporting segments: Operations Management and Analytics. Reconciliations of adjusted (non-GAAP) financial measures to GAAP measures are included at the end of this release.
- Revenues for the quarter ended September 30, 2016 increased to $171.2 million compared to $163.5 million for the third quarter of 2015, up 4.7% (6.2% on a constant currency basis) from the third quarter of 2015 and up 0.4% sequentially from the quarter ended June 30, 2016.
- Operations Management revenues in the third quarter of 2016 increased 1.2% to $129.6 million (2.4% on a constant currency basis) compared to $128.0 million in the third quarter of 2015 and declined 1% sequentially from the quarter ended June 30, 2016.
- Analytics revenues in the third quarter of 2016 increased 17.4% to $41.6 million (19.7% on a constant currency basis) compared to $35.5 million in the third quarter of 2015, and increased 5.1% sequentially from the quarter ended June 30, 2016.
- Operating income margin for the quarter ended September 30, 2016 was 10.1% compared to 12.7% in the third quarter of 2015 and 9.5% for the quarter ended June 30, 2016. Adjusted operating income margin was 14.4% compared to 17.0% in the third quarter of 2015 and 13.7% for the quarter ended June 30, 2016.
- Diluted earnings per share for the quarter ended September 30, 2016 was $0.46 compared to $0.44 in the third quarter of 2015 and $0.47 for the quarter ended June 30, 2016. Adjusted diluted earnings per share was $0.61 compared to $0.58 in the third quarter of 2015 and $0.55 for the quarter ended June 30, 2016.
Business Highlights: Third Quarter 2016
- Acquired IQR Consulting Inc. on September 1, 2016, a provider of marketing analytics solutions for the banking industry.
- Won 9 new clients, consisting of 5 new clients in Operations Management and 4 new clients in Analytics. Year-to-date we have won 27 new clients, 15 in Operations Management and 12 in Analytics.
- Positioned in the Winner’s Circle in “HfS Blueprint: Population Health and Care Management 2016.”
- Won 2 Aecus Innovation Awards for our solutions for a utilities client using our domain and analytics expertise and for a finance and accounting client using automation and analytics.
- Expanded multiple Operations Management relationships, including migrating 65 new processes.
Post-Third Quarter Highlight
- Subsequent to the third quarter of 2016, on October 21, 2016, EXL acquired Datasource Consulting, LLC, a provider of enterprise data management and business intelligence solutions.
Based on current visibility and a U.S. dollar to Indian rupee exchange rate of 67.0, British Pound to U.S. Dollar exchange rate at 1.23, U.S. dollar to the Philippine Peso exchange rate of 48.5 and all other currencies at current exchange rates, the Company is providing the following guidance for the calendar year 2016:
- Revenues of $680 million to $688 million, representing an annual revenue growth of 10% to 11% on a constant currency basis.
- Adjusted diluted earnings per share of $2.30 to $2.35, representing an annual increase of 13% to 16%.
ExlService Holdings, Inc. will host a conference call on Thursday, October 27, 2016 at 8:00 A.M. ET to discuss the Company’s quarterly operating and financial results. The conference call will be available live via the internet by accessing the investor relations section of EXL’s website at ir.exlservice.com, where an accompanying investor-friendly spreadsheet of historical operating and financial data can also be accessed. Please access the website at least fifteen minutes prior to the call to register, download and install any necessary audio software.
To listen to the conference call via phone, please dial 1-877-303-6384, or if dialing internationally, 1-224-357-2191 and an operator will assist you. For those who cannot access the live broadcast, a replay will be available on the EXL website ir.exlservice.com.
About ExlService Holdings, Inc.
EXL (NASDAQ:EXLS) is a leading operations management and analytics company that helps businesses enhance growth and profitability in the face of relentless competition and continuous disruption. Using our proprietary award-winning Business EXLerator Framework™, which integrates analytics, automation, benchmarking, BPO, consulting, industry best practices and technology platforms, EXL looks deeper to help companies improve global operations, enhance data-driven insights, increase customer satisfaction, and manage risk and compliance. EXL serves the insurance, healthcare, banking and financial services, utilities, travel, transportation and logistics industries. Headquartered in New York, New York, EXL has more than 24,000 professionals in locations throughout the United States, Europe, Asia (primarily India and Philippines), Latin America, Australia and South Africa. For more information, visit www.exlservice.com.
Continuing Statement Regarding Forward-Looking Statements This press release contains forward-looking statements. You should not place undue reliance on those statements because they are subject to numerous uncertainties and factors relating to EXL’s operations and business environment, all of which are difficult to predict and many of which are beyond EXL’s control. Forward-looking statements include information concerning EXL’s possible or assumed future results of operations, including descriptions of its business strategy. These statements may include words such as “may,” “will,” “should,” “believe,” “expect,” “anticipate,” “intend,” “plan,” “estimate” or similar expressions. These statements are based on assumptions that we have made in light of management’s experience in the industry as well as its perceptions of historical trends, current conditions, expected future developments and other factors it believes are appropriate under the circumstances. You should understand that these statements are not guarantees of performance or results. They involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and assumptions. Although EXL believes that these forward-looking statements are based on reasonable assumptions, you should be aware that many factors could affect EXL’s actual financial results or results of operations and could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements. These factors are discussed in more detail in EXL’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including EXL’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2015. These risks could cause actual results to differ materially from those implied by forward-looking statements in this release. You should keep in mind that any forward-looking statement made herein, or elsewhere, speaks only as of the date on which it is made. New risks and uncertainties come up from time to time, and it is impossible to predict these events or how they may affect EXL. EXL has no obligation to update any forward-looking statements after the date hereof, except as required by federal securities laws.
For a full view of EXL’s financial tables, click here