EXL Reports 2021 Second Quarter ResultsThursday, July 29, 2021
2021 Second Quarter Revenues of $275.1 Million, up 23.6% year-over-year
Q2 Diluted Earnings Per Share (GAAP) of $0.81, up from $0.24 in Q2 of 2020
Q2 Adjusted Diluted Earnings Per Share (Non-GAAP) (1) of $1.14, up from $0.53 in Q2 of 2020
NEW YORK, July 29, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) - ExlService Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: EXLS), a leading operations management and analytics company, today announced its financial results for the quarter ended June 30, 2021.
Rohit Kapoor, Vice Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, said, “EXL generated revenue of $275.1 million, an increase of 23.6% compared to the second quarter of 2020. Analytics continued to lead our growth with a 36.4% revenue increase from the second quarter of 2020 and operations management revenue increased 16.2%. Adjusted diluted earnings per share for the quarter was $1.14, a 115% increase year-over-year. Our significant growth is attributable to the focus on our data-led strategy, wherein we are enabling better business decisions, embedding intelligence directly into operational workflows and increasing speed to action with cloud-based solutions. The market demand for our services remains favorable, positioning us well for continued growth in the second half of 2021.”
Maurizio Nicolelli, Chief Financial Officer, said, “Based on our strong first half of the year financial results, and the visibility we have for the remainder of the year, we are increasing our revenue guidance for 2021 to be in the range of $1.08 billion to $1.10 billion, from $1.04 billion to $1.07 billion, representing a 12% to 14% increase year-over-year on a constant currency basis.. Our adjusted diluted earnings per share guidance for 2021 is also increasing to $4.30 to $4.50, from $4.00 to $4.30, representing a 22% to 27% increase over the prior year.”
1. Reconciliations of adjusted (non-GAAP) financial measures to the most directly comparable GAAP measures, where applicable, are included at the end of this release under “Reconciliation of Adjusted Financial Measures to GAAP Measures”. These non-GAAP measures, including adjusted diluted EPS and constant currency measures, are not measures of financial performance prepared in accordance with GAAP.
Financial Highlights: Second Quarter 2021
- Revenues for the quarter ended June 30, 2021 increased to $275.1 million compared to $222.5 million for the second quarter of 2020, an increase of 23.6% on a reported basis and 22.3% on a constant currency basis from the second quarter of 2020. Revenues increased by 5.2% sequentially on a reported basis and on a constant currency basis, from the first quarter of 2021.
- Operating income margin for the quarter ended June 30, 2021 was 13.0%, compared to an operating income margin of 4.4% for the second quarter of 2020 and operating income margin of 15.9% for the first quarter of 2021. Adjusted operating income margin for the quarter ended June 30, 2021 was 17.9% compared to 9.4% for the second quarter of 2020 and 20.2% for the first quarter of 2021.
- Diluted earnings per share for the quarter ended June 30, 2021 was $0.81 compared to $0.24 for the second quarter of 2020 and $0.93 for the first quarter of 2021. Adjusted diluted earnings per share for the quarter ended June 30, 2021 was $1.14 compared to $0.53 for the second quarter of 2020 and $1.18 for the first quarter of 2021.
Business Highlights: Second Quarter 2021
- Won 16 new clients in the second quarter of 2021, with 10 in our operations management businesses and six in Analytics.
- Joined the United Nations Global Compact as a Participant, acknowledging our commitment to operate in accordance with universal principles of corporate sustainability in human rights, labor, environment and anti-corruption.
- Positioned as a Leader for the seventh consecutive year in the Everest Group Property & Casualty Insurance BPS PEAK Matrix® 2021.
- Recognized as a Leader in three categories in the ISG Provider Lens™ Insurance BPO Services, U.S. 2020: Life & Retirement Services, Property & Casualty Insurance Services, and Third-Party Administration (TPA).
- Recognized as a Leader in all six report categories in the NelsonHall NEAT report for Healthcare Payer BPS 2021.
- Expanded our collaboration with Amazon.com, Inc.’s Amazon Web Service to help EXL clients operationalize AI, Analytics, Automation, and Cloud technologies within enterprise business processes.
Based on current visibility, and a U.S. Dollar to Indian Rupee exchange rate of 74.5, British Pound to U.S. Dollar exchange rate of 1.37, U.S. Dollar to the Philippine Peso exchange rate of 50.0 and all other currencies at current exchange rates, we are providing the following guidance:
- Revenue of $1.08 billion to $1.10 billion, representing an increase of 13% to 15% on a reported basis, and 12% to 14% on a constant currency basis, from 2020.
- Adjusted diluted earnings per share of $4.30 to $4.50, representing an increase of 22% to 27% from 2020.
ExlService Holdings, Inc. will host a conference call on Thursday, July 29, 2021 at 10:00 A.M. ET to discuss the Company’s quarterly operating and financial results. The conference call will be available live via the internet by accessing the investor relations section of EXL’s website at ir.exlservice.com, where an accompanying investor-friendly spreadsheet of historical operating and financial data can also be accessed. Please access the website at least fifteen minutes prior to the call to register, download and install any necessary audio software.
To listen to the conference call via phone, please dial 1-877-303-6384, or if dialing internationally, 1-224-357-2191 and an operator will assist you. For those who cannot access the live broadcast, a replay will be available on the EXL website ir.exlservice.com for a period of twelve months.
About ExlService Holdings, Inc.
EXL (NASDAQ: EXLS) is a leading operations management and analytics company that helps our clients build and grow sustainable businesses. By orchestrating our domain expertise, data, analytics and digital technology, we look deeper to design and manage agile, customer-centric operating models to improve global operations, drive profitability, enhance customer satisfaction, increase data-driven insights, and manage risk and compliance. Headquartered in New York, EXL has approximately 33,000 professionals in locations throughout the United States, the United Kingdom, Europe, India, the Philippines, Colombia, Canada, Australia and South Africa. EXL serves customers in multiple industries including insurance, healthcare, banking and financial services, utilities, travel, transportation and logistics, media and retail, among others. For more information, visit www.exlservice.com.
Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward-Looking Statements This press release contains forward-looking statements. You should not place undue reliance on those statements because they are subject to numerous uncertainties and factors relating to EXL's operations and business environment, all of which are difficult to predict and many of which are beyond EXL’s control. Forward-looking statements include information concerning EXL’s possible or assumed future results of operations, including descriptions of its business strategy. These statements may include words such as “may,” “will,” “should,” “believe,” “expect,” “anticipate,” “intend,” “plan,” “estimate” or similar expressions. These statements are based on assumptions that we have made in light of management's experience in the industry as well as its perceptions of historical trends, current conditions, expected future developments and other factors it believes are appropriate under the circumstances. You should understand that these statements are not guarantees of performance or results. They involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and assumptions. Although EXL believes that these forward-looking statements are based on reasonable assumptions, you should be aware that many factors could affect EXL’s actual financial results or results of operations and could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements. These factors, which include our ability to successfully close and integrate strategic acquisitions, our ability to respond to and manage public health crises, including the outbreak and continued effects of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, are discussed in more detail in EXL’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including EXL’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q and Annual Report on Form 10-K. These risks could cause actual results to differ materially from those implied by forward-looking statements in this release. You should keep in mind that any forward-looking statement made herein, or elsewhere, speaks only as of the date on which it is made. New risks and uncertainties come up from time to time, and it is impossible to predict these events or how they may affect EXL. EXL has no obligation to update any forward-looking statements after the date hereof, except as required by federal securities laws.
For a full view of EXL’s financial tables, click here