EXL Reports 2021 Third Quarter ResultsTuesday, November 2, 2021
2021 Third Quarter Revenues of $290.3 Million, up 20.5% year-over-year
Q3 Diluted Earnings Per Share (GAAP) of $0.77, up from $0.76 in Q3 of 2020
Q3 Adjusted Diluted Earnings Per Share (Non-GAAP) (1) of $1.30, up from $1.04 in Q3 of 2020
New York, NY – November 2, 2021 - ExlService Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: EXLS), a leading global analytics and digital solutions company, today announced its financial results for the quarter ended September 30, 2021.
Rohit Kapoor, Vice Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, said, “EXL generated revenue of $290.3 million, an increase of 20.5% compared to the third quarter of 2020. Analytics continued to lead our growth with a 33.1% revenue increase from the third quarter of 2020 and operations management revenue increased 12.9%. Adjusted diluted earnings per share for the quarter was $1.30, a 25.0% increase year-over-year. Our significant growth is being driven by a strategic focus on advanced analytics, AI, digital and cloud, which helps our clients deliver hyper-personalized customer experiences at scale and rapidly shift their business strategies in response to market changes. We have expanded our relationships with our largest clients and have added 40 clients in the first nine months of the year contributing to our success and giving us positive momentum as we look toward 2022.”
Maurizio Nicolelli, Chief Financial Officer, said, “EXL had a solid third quarter with double-digit revenue growth and improved margins compared to 2020. Based on the visibility we have for the remainder of the year, we are increasing our revenue guidance for 2021 to be in the range of $1.11 billion to $1.12 billion, from $1.08 billion to $1.10 billion, representing a 15% to 16% increase year-over-year on a constant currency basis. Our adjusted diluted earnings per share guidance for 2021 is also increasing to $4.70 to $4.80, from $4.30 to $4.50, representing a 33% to 36% increase over the prior year.”
- 1. Reconciliations of adjusted (non-GAAP) financial measures to the most directly comparable GAAP measures, where applicable, are included at the end of this release under “Reconciliation of Adjusted Financial Measures to GAAP Measures”. These non-GAAP measures, including adjusted diluted EPS and constant currency measures, are not measures of financial performance prepared in accordance with GAAP.
Financial Highlights: Third Quarter 2021
- Revenues for the quarter ended September 30, 2021 increased to $290.3 million compared to $241.0 million for the third quarter of 2020, an increase of 20.5% on a reported basis and 20.1% on a constant currency basis from the third quarter of 2020. Revenues increased by 5.5% sequentially on a reported basis and 5.8% on a constant currency basis, from the second quarter of 2021.
- Operating income margin for the quarter ended September 30, 2021 was 14.6%, compared to an operating income margin of 14.3% for the third quarter of 2020 and operating income margin of 13.0% for the second quarter of 2021. Adjusted operating income margin for the quarter ended September 30, 2021 was 19.4% compared to 19.2% for the third quarter of 2020 and 17.9% for the second quarter of 2021.
- Diluted earnings per share for the quarter ended September 30, 2021 was $0.77 compared to $0.76 for the third quarter of 2020 and $0.81 for the second quarter of 2021. Adjusted diluted earnings per share for the quarter ended September 30, 2021 was $1.30 compared to $1.04 for the third quarter of 2020 and $1.14 for the second quarter of 2021.
Business Highlights: Third Quarter 2021
- Won 10 new clients in the third quarter of 2021, with four in our operations management businesses and six in Analytics.
- Named as a Leader in the 2021 Gartner “Magic Quadrant for Life Insurance Policy Administration Systems, North America.” (2)
- Recognized, for the second consecutive year, as a Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice for Data and Analytics Service Providers. (2)
Based on current visibility, and a U.S. Dollar to Indian Rupee exchange rate of 75.0, British Pound to U.S. Dollar exchange rate of 1.37, U.S. Dollar to the Philippine Peso exchange rate of 50.5 and all other currencies at current exchange rates, we are providing the following guidance for the full year 2021:
- Revenue of $1.11 billion to $1.12 billion, representing an increase of 16% to 17% on a reported basis, and 15% to 16% on a constant currency basis, from 2020.
- Adjusted diluted earnings per share of $4.70 to $4.80, representing an increase of 33% to 36% from 2020.
ExlService Holdings, Inc. will host a conference call on Tuesday, November 2, 2021 at 10:00 A.M. ET to discuss the Company’s quarterly operating and financial results. The conference call will be available live via the internet by accessing the investor relations section of EXL’s website at ir.exlservice.com, where an accompanying investor-friendly spreadsheet of historical operating and financial data can also be accessed. Please access the website at least fifteen minutes prior to the call to register, download and install any necessary audio software.
To listen to the conference call via phone, please dial 1-877-303-6384, or if dialing internationally, 1-224-357-2191 and an operator will assist you. For those who cannot access the live broadcast, a replay will be available on the EXL website ir.exlservice.com for a period of twelve months.
2. Gartner Disclaimer
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Gartner and Magic Quadrant are registered trademarks of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice constitute the subjective opinions of individual end-user reviews, ratings, and data applied against a documented methodology; they neither represent the views of, nor constitute an endorsement by, Gartner or its affiliates. Gartner Peer Insights reviews constitute the subjective opinions of individual end users based on their own experiences and do not represent the views of Gartner or its affiliates.
About ExlService Holdings, Inc.
EXL (NASDAQ: EXLS) is a global analytics and digital solutions company that partners with clients to improve business outcomes and unlock growth. Bringing together deep domain expertise with robust data, powerful analytics, cloud, and AI, we create agile, scalable solutions and execute complex operations for the world’s leading corporations in industries including insurance, healthcare, banking and financial services, media, and retail, among others. Focused on driving faster decision-making and transforming operating models, EXL was founded on the core values of innovation, collaboration, excellence, integrity and respect. Headquartered in New York, our team is over 34,000 strong, with more than 50 offices spanning six continents. For more information, visit www.exlservice.com.
Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward-Looking Statements This press release contains forward-looking statements. You should not place undue reliance on those statements because they are subject to numerous uncertainties and factors relating to EXL's operations and business environment, all of which are difficult to predict and many of which are beyond EXL’s control. Forward-looking statements include information concerning EXL’s possible or assumed future results of operations, including descriptions of its business strategy. These statements may include words such as “may,” “will,” “should,” “believe,” “expect,” “anticipate,” “intend,” “plan,” “estimate” or similar expressions. These statements are based on assumptions that we have made in light of management's experience in the industry as well as its perceptions of historical trends, current conditions, expected future developments and other factors it believes are appropriate under the circumstances. You should understand that these statements are not guarantees of performance or results. They involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and assumptions. Although EXL believes that these forward-looking statements are based on reasonable assumptions, you should be aware that many factors could affect EXL’s actual financial results or results of operations and could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements. These factors, which include our ability to successfully close and integrate strategic acquisitions, our ability to respond to and manage public health crises, including the outbreak and continued effects of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, are discussed in more detail in EXL’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including EXL’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q and Annual Report on Form 10-K. These risks could cause actual results to differ materially from those implied by forward-looking statements in this release. You should keep in mind that any forward-looking statement made herein, or elsewhere, speaks only as of the date on which it is made. New risks and uncertainties come up from time to time, and it is impossible to predict these events or how they may affect EXL. EXL has no obligation to update any forward-looking statements after the date hereof, except as required by federal securities laws.
For a full view of EXL’s financial tables, click here