EXL Reports 2018 Second Quarter ResultsThursday, August 2, 2018
2018 Second Quarter Revenues of $210.1 Million, up 11.1% year over year
Q2 Diluted EPS (GAAP) of $0.41, down from $0.58 in Q2 of 2017
Q2 Adjusted Diluted EPS (Non-GAAP) of $0.67, down from $0.70 in Q2 of 2017
NEW YORK, Aug. 02, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ExlService Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: EXLS), a leading operations management and analytics company, today announced its financial results for the quarter ended June 30, 2018.
Rohit Kapoor, Vice Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, said, “EXL generated revenues of $210.1 million, up 11.1% year-over-year, and adjusted diluted EPS was $0.67. Our revenue growth was broad-based, led by a 15.6% increase in Analytics revenues and a 9.5% increase in our Operations Management businesses driven by double-digit revenues growth in Insurance and Finance & Accounting.
“Our investments in domain expertise, data capabilities and emerging technologies made over the past several years are positioning EXL as the strategic digital transformation partner for our clients, resulting in several strategic deal wins and creating a strong pipeline of opportunities. As previously announced, the acquisition of SCIO Health Analytics closed on July 1, 2018. This strategic acquisition accelerates our market position in the growing healthcare analytics market and expands EXL’s capabilities across the healthcare continuum.”
Vishal Chhibbar, Chief Financial Officer, said, “We are increasing our revenue guidance for 2018 to $878 million - $892 million from $835 million - $855 million reflecting the addition of revenue from SCIO Health Analytics, better performance in the second quarter and an improved outlook for the year, despite foreign exchange headwinds. Our guidance represents annual revenue growth of 15% to 17% on a constant currency basis. Our adjusted diluted EPS guidance for 2018 remains unchanged at $2.70 - $2.80. Our cash and short-term investments were $233 million on June 30, 2018.”
Financial Highlights: Second Quarter 2018
We have six reportable segments: Insurance, Healthcare, Travel, Transportation & Logistics, Finance & Accounting, All Other (Banking & Financial Services, Utilities and Consulting) and Analytics. Reconciliations of adjusted (non-GAAP) financial measures to GAAP measures are included at the end of this release.
- Revenues for the quarter ended June 30, 2018 increased to $210.1 million compared to $189.1 million for the second quarter of 2017, an increase of 11.1% on a reported basis and 11.3% on a constant currency basis from the second quarter of 2017, as well as an increase of 1.5% sequentially on a reported basis and 2.4% on a constant currency basis, from the quarter ended March 31, 2018.
- Operating income margin for the quarter ended June 30, 2018 was 8.1% compared to 9.7% in the second quarter of 2017 and 7.3% for the quarter ended March 31, 2018. Adjusted operating income margin for the quarter ended June 30, 2018 was 13.6% compared to 14.2% in the second quarter of 2017 and 13.0% for the quarter ended March 31, 2018.
- Diluted earnings per share for the quarter ended June 30, 2018 was $0.41. Diluted earnings per share for the second quarter of 2017 was $0.58. Diluted earnings per share for the quarter ended March 31, 2018 was $0.66. Adjusted diluted earnings per share for the quarter ended June 30, 2018 was $0.67 compared to $0.70 for the second quarter of 2017 and $0.65 for the quarter ended March 31, 2018.
(1)(2) Refer to the notes to the Unaudited Consolidated Statements of Income for details.
Business Highlights: Second Quarter 2018
- Launched a Digital Know Your Customer (“KYC”) solution in collaboration with HSBC, a leading global financial services company, that uses advanced automation, artificial intelligence and other analytics techniques such as natural language processing to help clients with faster turn-around times, higher accuracy and cost efficiencies for KYC compliance.
- Won 14 new clients, including three in our operations management businesses and 11 in Analytics.
- Consolidated our London offices to support our growing UK and European business.
- Recognized as a Leader and Star Performer in the Everest Group Analytics Business Process Services PEAK Matrix™ 2018.
- Positioned in the Winners Circle in the HfS Industry Blueprint: Insurance Operations Services 2018.
- Recognized as a Major Contender in the Everest Group Insurance Third Party Administrator (TPA) Services PEAK Matrix™ 2018.
- Recognized as Leader overall and for the Insurance, Healthcare, Transportation and Utilities industries in the NelsonHall NEAT for Business Process Transformation through RPA and AI.
Post-Second Quarter Highlight
As previously announced, subsequent to the second quarter of 2018, on July 1, 2018, EXL closed the acquisition of SCIOInspire Holdings, Inc., doing business as SCIO Health Analytics. The aggregate merger consideration was $236.5 million, subject to certain post-closing adjustments.
- Based on current visibility, and a U.S. Dollar to Indian Rupee exchange rate of 68.5, British Pound to U.S. Dollar exchange rate of 1.33, U.S. Dollar to the Philippine Peso exchange rate of 53.5 and all other currencies at current exchange rates, we are providing the following guidance:
- Revenue of $878 million to $892 million, representing an annual revenue growth rate of 15% to 17% on a constant currency basis.
- Adjusted diluted earnings per share of $2.70 to $2.80.
ExlService Holdings, Inc. will host a conference call on Thursday, August 2, 2018 at 8:00 A.M. ET to discuss the Company’s quarterly operating and financial results. The conference call will be available live via the internet by accessing the investor relations section of EXL’s website at ir.exlservice.com, where an accompanying investor-friendly spreadsheet of historical operating and financial data can also be accessed. Please access the website at least fifteen minutes prior to the call to register, download and install any necessary audio software.
To listen to the conference call via phone, please dial 1-877-303-6384, or if dialing internationally, 1-224-357-2191 and an operator will assist you. For those who cannot access the live broadcast, a replay will be available on the EXL website ir.exlservice.com for a period of at least twelve months.
About ExlService Holdings, Inc.
EXL (NASDAQ: EXLS) is a leading operations management and analytics company that designs and enables agile, customer-centric operating models to help clients improve their revenue growth and profitability. Our delivery model provides market-leading business outcomes using EXL’s proprietary Business EXLerator Framework®, cutting-edge analytics, digital transformation and domain expertise. At EXL, we look deeper to help companies improve global operations, enhance data-driven insights, increase customer satisfaction, and manage risk and compliance. EXL serves the insurance, healthcare, banking and financial services, utilities, travel, transportation and logistics industries. Headquartered in New York, New York, EXL has more than 28,000 professionals in locations throughout the United States, Europe, Asia (primarily India and Philippines), Colombia, Australia and South Africa. For more information, visit www.exlservice.com.
Continuing Statement Regarding Forward-Looking StatementsThis press release contains forward-looking statements. You should not place undue reliance on those statements because they are subject to numerous uncertainties and factors relating to EXL's operations and business environment, all of which are difficult to predict and many of which are beyond EXL’s control. Forward-looking statements include information concerning EXL’s possible or assumed future results of operations, including descriptions of its business strategy. These statements may include words such as “may,” “will,” “should,” “believe,” “expect,” “anticipate,” “intend,” “plan,” “estimate” or similar expressions. These statements are based on assumptions that we have made in light of management's experience in the industry as well as its perceptions of historical trends, current conditions, expected future developments and other factors it believes are appropriate under the circumstances. You should understand that these statements are not guarantees of performance or results. They involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and assumptions. Although EXL believes that these forward-looking statements are based on reasonable assumptions, you should be aware that many factors could affect EXL’s actual financial results or results of operations and could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements. These factors, which include our ability to successfully close and integrate strategic acquisitions, are discussed in more detail in EXL’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including EXL’s Annual Report on Form 10-K. These risks could cause actual results to differ materially from those implied by forward-looking statements in this release. You should keep in mind that any forward-looking statement made herein, or elsewhere, speaks only as of the date on which it is made. New risks and uncertainties come up from time to time, and it is impossible to predict these events or how they may affect EXL. EXL has no obligation to update any forward-looking statements after the date hereof, except as required by federal securities laws.
For a full view of EXL’s financial tables, click here