EXL Reports 2022 First Quarter ResultsThursday, April 28, 2022
2022 First Quarter Revenues of $329.2 Million, up 25.9% year-over-year
Q1 Diluted Earnings Per Share (GAAP) of $1.07, up from $0.93 in Q1 of 2021
Q1 Adjusted Diluted Earnings Per Share (Non-GAAP)(1) of $1.42, up from $1.18 in Q1 of 2021
NEW YORK, April 28, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE)- ExlService Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: EXLS), a leading data analytics and digital operations and solutions company, today announced its financial results for the quarter ended March 31, 2022.
Rohit Kapoor, Vice Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, said, “EXL had a strong first quarter with revenue of $329.2 million, a 25.9% increase from the first quarter of 2021. Analytics continued to lead our growth with a 45.7% revenue increase from the first quarter of 2021. Adjusted diluted earnings per share for the quarter was $1.42, a 20.3% increase year-over-year. This strong performance affirms our strategy of focusing on high value data-led solutions, enabling our clients to improve business outcomes. Our acquisition of Clairvoyant, a global data, AI, ML and cloud services firm, enhances our expertise in data engineering and cloud enablement and is integrating well with our business. We have strong momentum as we head further into 2022, positioning us well for continued growth.”
Maurizio Nicolelli, Chief Financial Officer, said, “Based on our strong first quarter financial results, and the visibility we have for the remainder of the year, we are increasing our revenue guidance for 2022 to be in the range of $1.315 billion to $1.335 billion, from $1.28 billion to $1.31 billion. This represents a 17% to 19% increase year-over-year on a reported basis and 14% to 16% increase year-over-year on an organic constant currency basis. We are also increasing our adjusted diluted earnings per share guidance for 2022 to $5.40 to $5.65, from $5.35 to $5.60, representing a 12% to 17% increase over the prior year. Our balance sheet remains strong with cash and short-term investments of $269.2 million.”
- Reconciliations of adjusted (non-GAAP) financial measures to the most directly comparable GAAP measures, where applicable, are included at the end of this release under “Reconciliation of Adjusted Financial Measures to GAAP Measures”. These non-GAAP measures, including adjusted diluted EPS and constant currency measures, are not measures of financial performance prepared in accordance with GAAP.
Financial Highlights: First Quarter 2022
- Revenues for the quarter ended March 31, 2022 increased to $329.2 million compared to $261.4 million for the first quarter of 2021, an increase of 25.9% on a reported basis and 26.5% on a constant currency basis from the first quarter of 2021. Revenues increased by 11.4% sequentially on a reported basis and 11.5% on a constant currency basis from the fourth quarter of 2021.
- Operating income margin for the quarter ended March 31, 2022 was 13.4%, compared to 15.9% for the first quarter of 2021 and 12.2% for the fourth quarter of 2021. Adjusted operating income margin for the quarter ended March 31, 2022 was 18.2% compared to 20.2% for the first quarter of 2021 and 17.0% for the fourth quarter of 2021.
- Diluted earnings per share for the quarter ended March 31, 2022 was $1.07 compared to $0.93 for the first quarter of 2021 and $0.83 for the fourth quarter of 2021. Adjusted diluted earnings per share for the quarter ended March 31, 2022 was $1.42 compared to $1.18 for the first quarter of 2021 and $1.21 for the fourth quarter of 2021.
Business Highlights: First Quarter 2022
- Won 19 new clients in the first quarter of 2022, with 10 in our digital operations and solutions business and nine in analytics.
- Recognized as a Leader in Everest Group’s 2022 Advanced Analytics and Insights Services PEAK Matrix® Assessment.
- Named a Leader and Star Performer in Everest Group’s Healthcare Payer Operations PEAK Matrix® Assessment 2022.
- EXLClarity™ won Best in KLAS® 2022 award for Risk Adjustment and Analytics.
- Positioned in the Winners Circle in the HFS Top 10 for Insurance Services.
- Recognized as a Leader in all categories in the 2021 ISG Provider Lens™ Insurance BPO Services report for the U.S. and Australia.
- Entered into an Amended and Restated Credit Agreement on April 18, 2022, increasing the aggregate amount of revolving credit commitment available to the Company to $400 million, with a new maturity date of April 18, 2027.
Based on current visibility, and a U.S. Dollar to Indian Rupee exchange rate of 76.5, British Pound to U.S. Dollar exchange rate of 1.33, U.S. Dollar to the Philippine Peso exchange rate of 52.0 and all other currencies at current exchange rates, we are providing the following guidance for the full year 2022:
- Revenue of $1.315 billion to $1.335 billion, representing an increase of 17% to 19% on a reported basis, and 14% to 16% on an organic constant currency basis from 2021.
- Adjusted diluted earnings per share of $5.40 to $5.65, representing an increase of 12% to 17% from 2021.
ExlService Holdings, Inc. will host a conference call on Thursday, April 28, 2022 at 10:00 A.M. ET to discuss the Company’s quarterly operating and financial results. The conference call will be available live via the internet by accessing the investor relations section of EXL’s website at ir.exlservice.com, where an accompanying investor-friendly spreadsheet of historical operating and financial data can also be accessed. Please access the website at least fifteen minutes prior to the call to register, download and install any necessary audio software.
To listen to the conference call via phone, please dial 1-877-303-6384, or if dialing internationally, 1-224-357-2191 and an operator will assist you. For those who cannot access the live broadcast, a replay will be available on the EXL website ir.exlservice.com for a period of twelve months.
About ExlService Holdings, Inc.
EXL (NASDAQ: EXLS) is a leading data analytics and digital operations and solutions company that partners with clients to improve business outcomes and unlock growth. By bringing together deep domain expertise with robust data, powerful analytics, cloud, artificial intelligence (“AI”) and machine learning (“ML”), we create agile, scalable solutions and execute complex operations for the world’s leading corporations in industries including insurance, healthcare, banking and financial services, media, and retail, among others. Focused on driving faster decision-making and transforming operating models, EXL was founded on the core values of innovation, collaboration, excellence, integrity and respect. Headquartered in New York, our team is over 39,000 strong, with more than 50 offices spanning six continents. For more information, visit www.exlservice.com.
Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward-Looking Statements This press release contains forward-looking statements. You should not place undue reliance on those statements because they are subject to numerous uncertainties and factors relating to EXL's operations and business environment, all of which are difficult to predict and many of which are beyond EXL’s control. Forward-looking statements include information concerning EXL’s possible or assumed future results of operations, including descriptions of its business strategy. These statements may include words such as “may,” “will,” “should,” “believe,” “expect,” “anticipate,” “intend,” “plan,” “estimate” or similar expressions. These statements are based on assumptions that we have made in light of management's experience in the industry as well as its perceptions of historical trends, current conditions, expected future developments and other factors it believes are appropriate under the circumstances. You should understand that these statements are not guarantees of performance or results. They involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and assumptions. Although EXL believes that these forward-looking statements are based on reasonable assumptions, you should be aware that many factors could affect EXL’s actual financial results or results of operations and could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements. These factors, which include our ability to successfully close and integrate strategic acquisitions, our ability to respond to and manage public health crises, including the outbreak and continued effects of COVID-19 pandemic, are discussed in more detail in EXL’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including EXL’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q and Annual Report on Form 10-K. These risks could cause actual results to differ materially from those implied by forward-looking statements in this release. You should keep in mind that any forward-looking statement made herein, or elsewhere, speaks only as of the date on which it is made. New risks and uncertainties come up from time to time, and it is impossible to predict these events or how they may affect EXL. EXL has no obligation to update any forward-looking statements after the date hereof, except as required by federal securities laws.
For a full view of EXL’s financial tables, click here