EXL Reports 2023 Second Quarter ResultsThursday, July 27, 2023
2023 Second Quarter Revenue of $405.0 Million, up 16.8% year-over-year
Q2 Diluted EPS (GAAP) of $1.46, up 37.7% from $1.06 in Q2 of 2022
Q2 Adjusted Diluted EPS (Non-GAAP) (1) of $1.82, up 21.3% from $1.50 in Q2 of 2022
NEW YORK – July 27, 2023 - ExlService Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: EXLS), a leading data analytics and digital operations and solutions company, today announced its financial results for the quarter ended June 30, 2023.
Vice Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Rohit Kapoor, said, “We delivered another strong quarter, with revenue growth of 16.8% and adjusted diluted EPS growth of 21.3%. Our data-led strategy, unique digital/AI capabilities and balanced portfolio across data analytics and digital operations and solutions create resiliency in our business. This has enabled us to deliver continued strong double-digit growth.”
Chief Financial Officer Maurizio Nicolelli, said, “While we remain cautious about the macro-economic environment, we are increasing our revenue and EPS guidance for the full year 2023 based on our strong momentum in the first half and current visibility for the remainder of the year. We now expect revenue to be in the range of $1.605 billion to $1.625 billion, up from our prior guidance of $1.595 billion to $1.620 billion. This represents 14% to 15% year-over-year growth on both a reported and constant currency basis. We are also increasing our adjusted diluted earnings per share guidance for 2023 to $6.90 to $7.05, up from $6.75 to $6.90, representing growth of 15% to 17% over the prior year.”
- (1) Reconciliations of adjusted (non-GAAP) financial measures to the most directly comparable GAAP measures, where applicable, are included at the end of this release under “Reconciliation of Adjusted Financial Measures to GAAP Measures.” These non-GAAP measures, including adjusted diluted EPS and constant currency measures, are not measures of financial performance prepared in accordance with GAAP.
Financial Highlights: Second Quarter 2023
- Revenue for the quarter ended June 30, 2023 increased to $405.0 million compared to $346.8 million for the second quarter of 2022, an increase of 16.8% on a reported basis and 17.1% on a constant currency basis. Revenue increased by 1.1% sequentially on a reported basis and 1.0% on a constant currency basis, from the first quarter of 2023.
- Operating income margin for the quarter ended June 30, 2023, was 16.0%, compared to 13.6% for the second quarter of 2022 and 14.8% for the first quarter of 2023. Adjusted operating income margin for the quarter ended June 30, 2023, was 20.0%, compared to 18.7% for the second quarter of 2022 and 19.4% for the first quarter of 2023.
- Diluted earnings per share for the quarter ended June 30, 2023, was $1.46, compared to $1.06 for the second quarter of 2022 and $1.51 for the first quarter of 2023. Adjusted diluted earnings per share for the quarter ended June 30, 2023, was $1.82, compared to $1.50 for the second quarter of 2022 and $1.74 for the first quarter of 2023.
Business Highlights: Second Quarter 2023
- Won 14 new clients in the second quarter of 2023, with 9 in digital operations and solutions business and 5 in data analytics.
- Included by USA TODAY in their first-ever America's Climate Leaders 2023.
- Recognized as a Major Player in IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Artificial Intelligence Services 2023 Vendor Assessment.
- Identified as a Leader and Star Performer in Everest Group’s Life and Annuities (L&A) Insurance BPS and Third-Party Administrator (TPA) PEAK Matrix® Assessment 2023.
- Positioned as a Leader in the May 2023 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Finance and Accounting Business Process Outsourcing 2023(1).
- Appointed Pamela Harrison executive vice president and chief human resources officer, responsible for developing and implementing the next phase of EXL’s talent strategy.
- Appointed Vishal Chhibbar as executive vice president and chief growth and strategy officer, responsible for EXL's growth, overseeing areas such as strategy, marketing, sales governance, mergers and acquisitions and partnerships.
Based on current visibility, and a U.S. dollar to Indian rupee exchange rate of 82.0, U.K. pound sterling to U.S. dollar exchange rate of 1.3, U.S. dollar to the Philippine peso exchange rate of 54.5 and all other currencies at current exchange rates, we are providing the following guidance for the full year 2023:
- Revenue of $1.605 billion to $1.625 billion, representing growth of 14% to 15% on both a reported and constant currency basis from 2022.
- Adjusted diluted earnings per share of $6.90 to $7.05, representing growth of 15% to 17% from 2022.
ExlService Holdings, Inc. will host a conference call on Thursday, July 27, 2023, at 10:00 A.M. ET to discuss the Company’s quarterly operating and financial results. The conference call will be available live via the internet by accessing the investor relations section of EXL’s website at ir.exlservice.com, where an accompanying investor-friendly spreadsheet of historical operating and financial data can also be accessed. Please access the website at least fifteen minutes prior to the call to register, download and install any necessary audio software.
Please note that there is a new system to access the live call-in order to ask questions. To join the live call, please register here. A dial-in and unique PIN will be provided to join the call. For those who cannot access the live broadcast, a replay will be available on the EXL website ir.exlservice.com for a period of twelve months.
- 1) Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. GARTNER and MAGIC QUADRANT are registered trademarks of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
About ExlService Holdings, Inc.
EXL (NASDAQ: EXLS) is a leading data analytics and digital operations and solutions company that partners with clients to improve business outcomes and unlock growth. By bringing together deep domain expertise with robust data, powerful analytics, cloud, artificial intelligence (“AI”) and machine learning (“ML”), we create agile, scalable solutions and execute complex operations for the world’s leading corporations in industries including insurance, healthcare, banking and financial services, media, and retail, among others. Focused on driving faster decision-making and transforming operating models, EXL was founded on the core values of innovation, collaboration, excellence, integrity and respect. Headquartered in New York, our team is over 48,000 strong, with more than 50 offices spanning six continents. For more information, visit www.exlservice.com.
Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward-Looking Statements This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the United States Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. You should not place undue reliance on those statements because they are subject to numerous uncertainties and factors relating to EXL's operations and business environment, all of which are difficult to predict and many of which are beyond EXL’s control. Forward-looking statements include information concerning EXL’s possible or assumed future results of operations, including descriptions of its business strategy. These statements may include words such as “may,” “will,” “should,” “believe,” “expect,” “anticipate,” “intend,” “plan,” “estimate” or similar expressions. These statements are based on assumptions that we have made in light of management's experience in the industry as well as its perceptions of historical trends, current conditions, expected future developments and other factors it believes are appropriate under the circumstances. You should understand that these statements are not guarantees of performance or results. They involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and assumptions. Although EXL believes that these forward-looking statements are based on reasonable assumptions, you should be aware that many factors could affect EXL’s actual financial results or results of operations and could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements. These factors, which include our ability to maintain and grow client demand, our ability to hire and retain sufficiently trained employees, and our ability to accurately estimate and/or manage costs, rising interest rates, rising inflation and recessionary economic trends, are discussed in more detail in EXL’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including EXL’s Annual Report on Form 10-K. You should keep in mind that any forward-looking statement made herein, or elsewhere, speaks only as of the date on which it is made. New risks and uncertainties come up from time to time, and it is impossible to predict these events or how they may affect EXL. EXL has no obligation to update any forward-looking statements after the date hereof, except as required by federal securities laws.
For a full view of EXL’s financial tables, click here.