2019 Third Quarter Revenues of $251.4 Million, up 8.8% year-over-year
Q3 Diluted EPS (GAAP) of $0.55, up from $0.43 in Q3 of 2018
Q3 Adjusted Diluted EPS (Non-GAAP) of $0.84, up from $0.71 in Q3 of 2018
New York, NY – October 29, 2019 - ExlService Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: EXLS), a leading operations management and analytics company, today announced its financial results for the quarter ended September 30, 2019.
Rohit Kapoor, Vice Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, said, “EXL generated revenues of $251.4 million during the third quarter of 2019, up 8.8% year-over-year, and adjusted diluted EPS of $0.84, up 18.3%, year-over-year.
“The strong growth in operations management this quarter is reflective of the investment EXL has made to create digital solutions and digitally-enabled operating models to deliver business outcomes for our clients. These solutions orchestrate our deep domain expertise with data capabilities, advanced analytics and digital technologies, enhancing our position as a strategic digital transformation partner in our markets. Our pipeline across insurance, healthcare and analytics remains strong as we end 2019 and look forward to continued growth momentum in 2020.”
Vishal Chhibbar, Chief Financial Officer, said, “We are narrowing our revenue guidance for 2019 to $980 million - $990 million from $976 million - $996 million. The mid-point of our guidance is at $985 million to reflect better performance in the third quarter, an annual revenue forecast of approximately $12 million for Health Integrated offset by a foreign exchange headwind of $2 million. Our guidance now represents annual revenue growth of 12% to 13% on a constant currency basis. Our adjusted diluted EPS guidance for 2019 is being increased to $2.95 - $3.05 from $2.86 - $2.98. Our balance sheet remains strong with cash and short-term investments of $280.8 million as of September 30, 2019.”
Financial Highlights: Third Quarter 2019
We have six reportable segments: Insurance, Healthcare, Travel, Transportation & Logistics, Finance & Accounting, All Other (consisting of our Banking & Financial Services, Utilities and Consulting operating segments) and Analytics. Reconciliations of adjusted (non-GAAP) financial measures to GAAP measures are included at the end of this release.
- Revenues for the quarter ended September 30, 2019 increased to $251.4 million compared to $231.1 million for the third quarter of 2018, an increase of 8.8% on a reported basis and 9.3% on a constant currency basis from the third quarter of 2018, as well as an increase of 3.2% sequentially on a reported basis and 3.5% on a constant currency basis, from the second quarter of 2019.
- Operating income margin for the quarter ended September 30, 2019 was 8.9%, compared to an operating income margin of 8.5% for the third quarter of 2018 and operating income margin of 5.7% for the second quarter of 2019. During the quarters ended September 30, 2019 and June 30, 2019 we recorded impairment and restructuring charges of $0.5 million and $5.6 million respectively, related to the wind down of the Health Integrated business, which is ongoing and expected to be substantially complete by the end of 2019. Adjusted operating income margin for the quarter ended September 30, 2019 was 14.3% compared to 14.1% for the third quarter of 2018 and 13.2% for the second quarter of 2019.
- Diluted earnings per share for the quarter ended September 30, 2019 was $0.55 compared to $0.43 for the third quarter of 2018 and diluted earnings per share of $0.36 for the second quarter of 2019. During the quarters ended September 30, 2019 and June 30, 2019 we recorded impairment and restructuring charges of $0.5 million and $5.6 million respectively, related to the wind down of the Health Integrated business, which reduced our GAAP diluted EPS by $0.01 and $0.12, respectively. Adjusted diluted earnings per share for the quarter ended September 30, 2019 was $0.84 compared to $0.71 for the third quarter of 2018 and $0.74 for the second quarter of 2019.
Business Highlights: Third Quarter 2019
- Won 11 new clients in Q3 including eight in our operations management businesses and three in Analytics.
- Recognized as a Leader and Star Performer in the Everest Group Life and Pensions Insurance BPO Services PEAK Matrix™ Assessment 2019
- Recognized as a Leader in the Everest Group Clinical and Care Management BPS Services PEAK Matrix™ Assessment 2019
- Recognized as a Major Contender in the Everest Group Healthcare Payer Payment Integrity Solutions PEAK Matrix™ Assessment 2020 Recognized as a leading service provider
Based on current visibility, and a U.S. Dollar to Indian Rupee exchange rate of 71.0, British Pound to U.S. Dollar exchange rate of 1.27, U.S. Dollar to the Philippine Peso exchange rate of 52.0 and all other currencies at current exchange rates, we are providing the following guidance:
- Revenue of $980 million to $990 million, representing an annual revenue growth rate of 12% to 13% on a constant currency basis and which includes approximately $12 million of revenues from the Health Integrated business for 2019, offset by foreign exchange headwind of $2 million.
- Adjusted diluted earnings per share of $2.95 to $3.05, which includes adjusted EPS losses of approximately $0.25 from the Health Integrated business and excludes one-time wind down costs of $8.5 million to $10 million.
ExlService Holdings, Inc. will host a conference call on Tuesday, October 29, 2019 at 8:00 A.M. ET to discuss the Company’s quarterly operating and financial results. The conference call will be available live via the internet by accessing the investor relations section of EXL’s website at ir.exlservice.com, where an accompanying investor-friendly spreadsheet of historical operating and financial data can also be accessed. Please access the website at least fifteen minutes prior to the call to register, download and install any necessary audio software.
To listen to the conference call via phone, please dial 1-877-303-6384, or if dialing internationally, 1-224-357-2191 and an operator will assist you. For those who cannot access the live broadcast, a replay will be available on the EXL website ir.exlservice.com for a period of twelve months.
About ExlService Holdings, Inc.
EXL (NASDAQ: EXLS) is a leading operations management and analytics company that designs and enables agile, customer-centric operating models to help clients improve their revenue growth and profitability. Our delivery model provides market-leading business outcomes using EXL’s proprietary Digital EXLerator FrameworkTM, cutting-edge analytics, digital transformation and domain expertise. At EXL, we look deeper to help companies improve global operations, enhance data-driven insights, increase customer satisfaction, and manage risk and compliance. EXL serves the insurance, healthcare, banking and financial services, utilities, travel, transportation and logistics industries. Headquartered in New York, New York, EXL has more than 30,000 professionals in locations throughout the United States, Europe, Asia (primarily India and Philippines), South America, Australia and South Africa. For more information, visit www.exlservice.com.
Continuing Statement Regarding Forward-Looking Statements This press release contains forward-looking statements. You should not place undue reliance on those statements because they are subject to numerous uncertainties and factors relating to EXL's operations and business environment, all of which are difficult to predict and many of which are beyond EXL’s control. Forward-looking statements include information concerning EXL’s possible or assumed future results of operations, including descriptions of its business strategy. These statements may include words such as “may,” “will,” “should,” “believe,” “expect,” “anticipate,” “intend,” “plan,” “estimate” or similar expressions. These statements are based on assumptions that we have made in light of management's experience in the industry as well as its perceptions of historical trends, current conditions, expected future developments and other factors it believes are appropriate under the circumstances. You should understand that these statements are not guarantees of performance or results. They involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and assumptions. Although EXL believes that these forward-looking statements are based on reasonable assumptions, you should be aware that many factors could affect EXL’s actual financial results or results of operations and could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements. These factors, which include our ability to successfully close and integrate strategic acquisitions, are discussed in more detail in EXL’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including EXL’s Annual Report on Form 10-K. These risks could cause actual results to differ materially from those implied by forward-looking statements in this release. You should keep in mind that any forward-looking statement made herein, or elsewhere, speaks only as of the date on which it is made. New risks and uncertainties come up from time to time, and it is impossible to predict these events or how they may affect EXL. EXL has no obligation to update any forward-looking statements after the date hereof, except as required by federal securities laws.
For a full view of EXL’s financial tables, click here