Business EXLerator Framework® improves key objectives
One of the largest personal lines, property and casualty insurers in the US
Inbound customer service operations cater to queries from customers including support for online accounts, policy documentation requests, policy changes, billing and premium changes along with related information.
- High percentage of repeat calls
- Opportunity to improve predictability in call volumes and optimize staffing
- High average handling time for complex billing queries
EXL partnered with clients to handle inbound customer service for all queries related to personal, auto and property except for premium changes.
- The client was seeking a solution to address their first call resolution (FCR). This is a key driver for customer satisfaction (CSAT) by process re-design automation, especially for billing related calls.
- After the solution was provided by EXL, the following KPI’s were identified:
- Customer Satisfaction (CSAT)
- First Call Resolution (FCR)
- Average Handling Time (AHT)
- Cost to serve
- 5% Improvement in customer retention
- 2% Reduction in repeat calls
- 5K+ Reduction in overall call volume
- EXL’s team implemented various solutions covering a technology and analytics domain with a focus on the industry’s best-practices.
- Analytics solutions were driven by capacity optimization and behavioral models for improved workflow management and staff allocation.
- In best practices, EXL focused on call script changes for back office and contact center integration.