Helping carriers grow, service and increase the profitability of high value programs
DOMAIN X DATA
Castle High Value
High net worth (HNW) insurance carriers must provide broad coverage policies and excellent service to compete for this highly desirable line of business. The keys to success in this space requires field staff who can generate the proper insurance-to-value ratio while presenting a professional loss prevention service offering. EXL’s client was struggling in these areas, and needed to address several areas.
- Much of their book was undervalued. It is very common for high value homes to be significantly underinsured.
- Staffing an internal team of risk management consultants to service these policies is very expensive, so they struggled with providing adequate service.
- The client had struggled with venders in the past. Many vendors typically lack the professionalism and expertise required to service a high net worth policyholder’s unique needs.
The impact of these shortcomings on the profitability and growth goals was significant.
- Premium leakage and sub-optimal loss ratios were becoming problematic
- Challenging CSAT and retention
- High fixed costs were negatively impacting the underwriting expense budgets.
EXL’s High Value Survey business unit (also known as Castle High Value) is the leading provider for the HNW insurance marketplace. Our team of highly credentialed consultants represents carriers with the utmost professionalism and expertise. EXL’s service improves our clients’ profitability, and provides policyholders with an accessible touch point and peace of mind.
With this domain expertise we were able to bring forward:
- Leading expertise in high value homes and the nuances of HNW marketplace
- Independent research on custom home construction costs
- Flexible and customizable service offerings
- Excellent platform for managing workflow and data
- The most professional field consultants in the industry, promoting our client’s brand
Using the right orchestration of people and technology allowed EXL to deliver a more professional and impactful service to the client’s high net worth policyholders.
The foundation of our service is a nationwide network of expert high value home consultants with the right soft skills to deliver a great customer experience.
In addition to expertise in custom home features and replacement costs, our high value consultants are skilled at recognizing home safety hazards and recommending loss prevention advice to policyholders.
Another key component is the surveys, which are distributed, tracked and completed on EXL’s proprietary digital platform, enabling top-tier quality, timeliness and transparency.
By focusing our domain expertise, ease of doing business, and our nationwide footprint in the high value space, EXL delivered the proper valuations, quality and timeliness the carrier needed to grow, service, and increase the profitability of their high value program.
Annual premium gain
Cost saving versus dedicated staff
3 year ROI
Equal to internal staff
At EXL, we’re experts in more than analytics, operations management, and technology. We’re experts in you, and your industry. This gives us the context to look deeper to identify and capitalize on opportunities to outperform. We call it Digital Intelligence: the all-important combination of data and domain knowledge, orchestration of human and technology, coming together to create breakthrough results and outcomes.
Digital Intelligence is why companies in the world’s most complex industries, from insurance to healthcare to transportation, bring us their toughest challenges, their seemingly impossible goals.
Headquartered in New York, EXL has more than 29,000 professionals in locations throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, Latin America, and South Africa. We work as one committed team, with one overarching goal: to give our clients the power to transform—to move from playing catch-up to leading the pack. Because we’re not content to help our clients adapt to change. We embolden them to lead the change.
We’re EXL. When companies need to reshape their business models and redefine their market, they turn to us. We’re strategic digital transformation partners who drive breakthrough results for our clients.
Struggling to hit your goals? We’ll make them real. We’re experts in more than digital technology and advanced analytics; we’re experts in you and your industry.
This gives us the context to look deeper to identify and capitalize on opportunities to outperform. We call it digital intelligence: the combination of data and domain knowledge needed to create context.