Leading UK energy and home service provider
At the time of engagement, the client was experiencing complaints from nearly 12% of their customer base. The complaint management process was faced with several challenges, including ineffective workflow management, use of error-prone manual processes, and lack of controls for timely resolution.
- Increased data accuracy
- Improved productivity
- Reduced cost-to-serve
- Improved regulatory compliance
- Enhanced customer experience
Energy companies in the UK are bound by specific OFGEM regulations that require the logging and resolution of customer complaints in a timely manner.
The client needed to improve their complaint tracking and resolution processes in order to become compliant and stay competitive.
Within three months, the client realized the following benefits...
- increase in complaints resolved 99%
- 44% improvement in regulatory compliance
- improvement in overall process compliance 31%
- 15% reduction of open complaints
To resolve these challenges, EXL leveraged its Complaint 360° tool, which is built on the Business EXLerator Framework®, across the customer complaints management process.
EXL’s Complaint 360° is a robust, analytics-based platform used to manage complaints. EXL worked with the client across the customer complaints lifecycle and automated the entire process, ensuring accountability throughout the complaint journey. It enabled users to capture, record, and process complaints while providing invaluable insights to reduce future complaints.
The solution included the following features to streamline the complaints process :
- Smart work management for back-end administration activities; such as complaint form configuration, rule-based work allocation, dashboards and reports
- Complaints management system to maintain and manage all complaints and reduce manual errors
- Automated letter generator to customize and automate the client communication process
- Complaint analytics to generate insights into root causes of complaints and to determine customer and complaint profiles